I am a young software engineer with two master's degrees in computer science related fields and 6 years of work experience, most of which is in the field of enterprise java development.
I am looking for a new engagement as a senior engineer in a stimulating project where I can continue to learn and develop my skills. In the next few years, I hope to be able to grow into the position of software architect or technical lead.
Feb 2013 – Present
Mindspark, an IAC/InterActiveCorp company, New York City
Software engineer (back-end)
- As the sole back-end engineer for the 'recipes' project, I architected and developed a REST API using Spring MVC, which is currently used to power recipe related smart answers for the ask.com search engine.
- I joined the back-end development team of price finder, a tool which extracts product information on online retail websites and provides price comparison information.
- There I developed our automation site modelling solution, adding support for 3000+ online merchants in one day.
- I spearheaded, designed and developed our regression tool: A fully automated and distributed systems which checks for data extraction failures on thousands of supported websites.
May 2009 – Dec 2012
Smals, Brussels, Belgium
- Using technologies such as Spring, GWT, Drools and Spring batch we modernized and automated this department's two functions: to process data flows between government departments and to use that data to calculate and pay social security payments to millions of Belgians.
- As the sole developer of the work planning module, I successfully used OptaPlanner in order to implement a solution for the organisation's employee scheduling problem.
- The main challenge laid in translating the extremely complicated and continuously changing business processes caused by decades of law-making into a robust, scalable and easily maintainable system.
Feb 2008 – Dec 2008
3RDSense Australia Pty, Sydney, Australia
Flash game developer
- I was given the chance to developed a couple of my own games from scratch. Both games ended up being very successful driving web traffic back to the company's games portal.
Sep 2007 – mid 2009
Web application developer
- At the height of their success the combined applications reached 1,500,000 unique visitors a month.
2006 - 2007
Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
MSc. Multimedia Systems
2001 - 2006
Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
MSc. Computer Science